LUX – STILL GOOD

This month marked the 2-year anniversary of my experience with Lux, the cat whose family called 911 when he had an aggressive and threatening outburst after the baby pulled his tail. It was May 2, 2014 that I experienced one of Lux’s outbursts firsthand, and yes, it was as scary as the family had described.

Thanks to Jackson Galaxy and Animal Planet, Lux was given a chance, more than most aggressive cats get. There isn’t a long life expectancy in most shelters for cats who are violent. Jackson wanted to turn the tables and show that even a cat with a history of aggression can give and receive love. It didn’t turn out as we’d hoped, for Lux to remain with me, but he is now well established in a fine place where he has all that love and care he deserves. In between naps, walks, and treats, behaviorists are working with him, finding what makes him act out and trying to change it.

Thanks again to Jackson Galaxy for his belief in Lux and his active love of all felines, no matter what. Here are some of my favorite photos of sweet Luxie.

04-11-14 017 - Copy     04-10-14 Lux 001 - Copy

0412141345b (2)     04-10-14 LUX 5

04-29-14 sm Mr Lucky 003     04-24-14 010

About Mollie Hunt

Loves cats. Writes books.
This entry was posted in Cat Behavior, Cats, Lux and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to LUX – STILL GOOD

1. jowensauthor says:

Glad Lux is doing well and they’re still working with him. Hope they can figure out soon what’s causing him to act out.

2. SD Gates says:

He sure is a cute guy!!!!!

3. jenny says:

Hope he is doing good

4. Liz says:

Where is Lux now? I just finished watching the repeat episode about him. The last place I knew him to be was with you.
    Thank you for any news you can give me about this beautiful boy. He just touched my heat so.

5. Teri OFFIELD says:

I hope Lux is doing good. Thanks to everyone who is involved in helping him. Angels, all of you

6. really beautiful cat,my neighbor had a cat suffering from feline hypereasthesia and she has since passed away from cancer but in her case he had one aprticulary violent episode which resulted in her needing anitbioctic through iv for three days and shortly before her cancer diagnosis,she elected to have him put down,didn’t have the money to treat him and didn’t feel like she could rehome in.it was sad outcome glad Luxe’s case is happier.but enen so midnight was about twelve when he was put down.

• Mollie Hunt says:

That’s a sad story. Few people have the resources of Jackson Galaxy, and no one should be put in danger from their cat. Hopefully Lux’s story has pushed ahead the search for a cure. Thanks for your comment.

7. Glad to hear that Lux he is “… healthy, happy, and loved.”

I’m touched by your commitment and love. We are lucky to live with social media; that our curiosity can be addressed and 2 years later, when I saw the episode of My Cat From Hell for the 1st time, I could find your blog. Thank you for your post. I’ll be checking in from time to time. I like your blog subtitle. 🙂

8. Jean says:

I just saw the cat from hell episode about Lux. I am glad he seems to be doing well but I had hoped you Molly and husband could have kept him. I know you truly loved him. I just wanted to say thank you for being you and taking in and lovingly helping needy cats. I adopt strays that show up hungry and homeless. I also raised a puppy, Pekingese, that was closed to death when we first got her. She couldn’t even hold her little head up or had the strength to suckle. Fed her pup formula with eye dropper. It wás months before she could stand on all fours. Bless her little heart, she just passed away this March, 2016 at the age of 14. We always called her Baby but named her Gidget. We now have two kittens,sisters whose mother couldn’t nurse them. They are almost 6 months and thriving.We also have a Border Collie who showed up one December during a snow blizzard. We also have a lovebird who needed a home. It makes no difference which type of animal, we try to help all we can. Thanks again MollyI hope you continue to be able to help needy cats. I wish we lived close, I think we could be friends..

• Mollie Hunt says:

Sorry for the loss of your sweet puppy. I know how hard it is. It was hard also to accept that my husband and I neither had the facilities or the know how the accommodate poor Luxie. He is currently in appropriate, professional, and extremely loving care. Yes, I continue to care for cats in need and hope I always will.

9. Jean says:

Molly, I had posted a nice message but it disappeared somehow. Anyway, I want to thank you for helping the Humane Society and especially for taking Lux into your home. I know you wanted to keep him and I am sorry if didn’t work out. I hope they are able to help the sweet little man and someday maybe he can return to your loving home. You are one of the “good guys”.

• Mollie Hunt says:

I did receive your other comment, but I don’t check my messages as often as I should. Thanks again for all you do.

• Teresa Barker says:

So for those of you out there who do not know I was the one who raised lux since the very day his mother gave birth to him in my apartment! I kept him and his mom he’s was the only one out of the litter I did keep he was tiny and a bit fistey then but all for good cause he was still in the sack left there when I came to his rescue I chose to keep him after weeks of dropper feeding him and if not for me he probably would have been left for dead by his momma now I dnt know if mom cats can tell if something is wrong with there kittens because she was great with the other three just not with lux so I had a soft spot for and I kept him he was great over the years my best friend always slept right next to me a year before all this happened I had my sons grandma passing away and I moved in with her several days outta the week to take care of her while she passsed away I was staying in two places I would always come home to lux every days or so and give him food and water and check on him and play with him I then ended up pregnant and shorty after that my sons dad and I moved into a apartment together and I of course took lux with me and he took his dog that was given to him when his mom my sins grandma passed away the cat and the dog were fine together me and my sons dad were not getting along very well he was constantly yelling at me to get rid of lux he didn’t like him I of course refused lux never acted like this until after he moved in so I’m not exactly sure what all took place or what happened other then that day but it too makes me wonder if when I wasn’t around something else’s was going on needles to say my son dad and I are no longer together I think about lux every day I name him lux cause it meant light and he was white and black and I wasnted his name to complement his lighter colors he was my best friend he is truly missed the whole atacking me thing when I walked away he did then here to and I didn’t like it it scared me but he didn’t always use to do that I wish I had read the signs better maybe I could have prevented some of this but I just had a baby just had a clot and was trying to please everyone around me I lost my best friend even Jackson new how painful it was for me to give him up but I didn’t do it because I didn’t want him I did it because I felt in my heart that that was the best thing for him right then I was juggling too much as a new time mom and dealing with the stress of everything else that came with not exactly like the partner I had was always there my cat was and I feel awful… love you lux I just wanted to finally put my side of the story out there I’m sorry luxie you truly were the light of my life.

• Mollie Hunt says:

Wow! Thank you Teresa for checking in! I’m so glad to hear your story, though I knew much of it from Jackson. I know you loved Lux with all your heart and never wanted any of this for him.

Lux attacked me too, and has subsequently attacked others, and still no one knows exactly why or what triggers it. Know that he is safe and loved. I wish we could have kept him with us. We tried twice but he attacked me and was unhappy. His outbursts were very scary.

Thanks again for speaking up. I love your telling us where his name came from. I asked Jackson once, but he didn’t know.

• Anonymous says:

No problem mollie I loved lux to and I really feel people got the wrong impression of me he was my world I tell ya. He was a great cat and there’s always two sides to every story I’m not sure who to blame but I know I was a great owner and he was a great cat what people dnt understand is I had luv for 4 years he never once use to be like that it truly makes me wonder looking back if something else was going on when I wasn’t home however i can’t contest to that cause I wasn’t around I dnt even like to think about that cause it’s awful I will say I miss him and I love him and I still carry him in my heart every day

• Mollie Hunt says:

Teresa, I know people would enjoy hearing more about Lux. Would you like to do an interview for this blog? If so, email me at MollieHuntCatWriter@gmail.com. If not, that’s okay too.