TYLER’S THANKFUL THURSDAY

Tyler: Do you know what day it is, Little? It’s Thankful Thursday.

Little: I don’t feel like being thankful today. I’m too sleepy.

Tyler: Oh, no! We have such a good life with our cohabitors. You must be thankful for something.

Little: I’ll think about it later. Right now I’m going to take a nap.

Tyler: Aha! That’s something to be thankful for— a nap!

Little: But I take a nap every day. What’s the big deal?

Tyler: You’ve been living in this nice house for ten years, so maybe you’ve forgotten how dangerous life on the streets can be. A cat has to be vigilant every minute. That’s why I learned to sleep sitting up, so predators wouldn’t get me.

Little: You’re right, Tyler. I’m thankful for my nap.

About Mollie Hunt

Loves cats. Writes books.
This entry was posted in Thankful Thursday, The Daily Tyler and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to TYLER’S THANKFUL THURSDAY

1. chrisscatmeow says:

I love the photos of Little and Tyler. I have never seen a cat sitting up sleeping before. They’re both gorgeous. Hugs and Purrs.

2. chrisscatmeow says:

Reblogged this on spike the scottish black cat. and commented:
    Meet Little and Tyler.

3. Brian says:

That is some very happy napping!

4. 15andmeowing says:

You are very lucky kitties. No need to sleep standing up anymore.

5. Valentine says:

We should never forget where we came from, ’cause it will keep us focused as to where we are now and where we’re going. Saying that made me sleepy – it’s nap time! Can I join you, Little? XOXO

6. Catwoods says:

They are both so beautiful! Tyler really does look relaxed and asleep in that sitting position. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cat sleep that way! I’ve seen plenty of kitties sleeping like Little, with front feet stretched out, in a sunny spot.

7. I am so happy you are safe and sound now, how scary it had to have been sleeping sitting up! (and uncomfortable!)

8. Brian says:

Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop, we ‘re happy you joined us!

9. We’re always thankful for our fluffy naps too